Maid Service, House Cleaners and Commercial Janitorial Service in Northwest Arkansas that will make your home and business look it's best!

Don't have time to clean up? No problem! Busy Bee Cleaners will get it done for you!

- Insured and Bonded

- Trustworthy 

- Dependable

- Affordable

- Focused on the Details

Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park

In 1908, the neighborhood section of the United Daughters of the Confederacy bought 9 sections of land (3.6 ha) at the focal point of the Battle of Prairie Grove. It was kept up with by the UDC as a gathering spot and in celebrations of the fight for very nearly 50 years. A neighborhood entrepreneur and legislator, J. Sherman Dill, looked for reserves while serving in the 38th Arkansas General Assembly to work on the recreation center, and was effective in obtaining $10,000 ($288,000 in the present dollars). These finances prompted the development of the stone opening at the recreation center entry, a wooden bandstand, and rock carport around 1925. Be that as it may, the recreation center fell into deterioration during the Great Depression, and was fenced off from use for quite a long time.

In 1953, a recently shaped Lion’s Club part took on the recreation center as a club project, fund-raising through local area occasions and developing seats, outdoor tables, and walkways. In 1957, a 55-foot (17 m) stone chimney stack from neighboring Rhea’s Mill was painstakingly moved to the recreation center site. Other noteworthy structures from the space, including a 1834 log home and metal forger’s shop, were moved to the recreation center site before long.

Hindman Hall Museum

An exhibition hall was built after an inheritance by Biscoe Hindman, the grandson of General Thomas C. Hindman who instructed the Confederate powers in the fight. Devoted on May 31, 1964, the historical center is named Hindman Hall. The recreation center was added to the state park framework in 1971 in a joint exertion among Governor Dale Bumpers and state lawmakers Morriss Henry, Hugh Kincaid, and Charles W. Stewart. The recreation center developed through land acquisitions and gifts in 1980, 1992, and 2005.

The piece of the recreation center inside a 64-section of land (26 ha) triangle framed by North Rd. on the northwest and Highway 62 was first recorded on the National Register of Historic Places in 1970. The space of this area was expanded in 1992 to 65.8 sections of land (26.6 ha) and afterward again in 2005 to 707.8 sections of land (286.4 ha).

Park highlights

Noticeable elements of the recreation center incorporate its fight landmark, a smokestack painstakingly migrated here from the site of an encounter, and the Hindman Museum.

A Civil War reenactment is held at the recreation center during the principal end of the week in December of even-numbered years.

The Prairie Grove Airlight Outdoor Telephone Booth, which is recorded on the National Register of Historic Places, is inverse the entry to the recreation center on U.S. 62.

Call Now Button479-326-7411